A ranged version of Elemental Weapon

Role-playing in the Faithverse

Moderators: Steven Trustrum, Christina

A ranged version of Elemental Weapon

Postby rsmathers8 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:40 am

So, Elemental Weapon is a melee only conjure.

I'm working on a character who would have a Magical Affinity to Stone and I thought that it would be interesting to have him use homemade flint arrowheads with a longbow and be able to give them a bonus as Elemental Weapon does.

Do the following additions to Elemental Weapon make sense and keep the conjure balanced?

1) You can cast it on a group of similar items (such as stone arrowheads, bullets, throwing knives, etc. It still has the same duration.

2) At most, 12 items can be affected in this manner. Approximately one magazine of ammo, a quiver of arrows, or a couple of braces of throwing knives.

3) The items can be used to attack at range, however, they lose the effects of the conjure immediately after the attack so that they cannot be picked up and reused while retaining the bonus.

Should this be a separate conjure or does it make sense that Elemental Weapon should be able to work for melee and ranged with these restrictions?

Thoughts?
rsmathers8
Wannabe
Wannabe

Re: A ranged version of Elemental Weapon

Postby Christina » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:58 pm

I would personally allow that it my game. I dot see an issue with it. As the GM, of course, you have final say in a game. If you are the player, run it by your GM first.
Christina

Re: A ranged version of Elemental Weapon

Postby rsmathers8 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi Christina,

Thanks, I did run it by the GM, but I wanted to make sure we didn't miss anything major.
rsmathers8
Wannabe
Wannabe

Return to Rogue Mage