Mutants & Masterminds Superlink Misfits & Menaces
Misfits & Menaces is a series of Mutants & Masterminds Superlink character supplements that present villains for use in your game.
Stock #: MIS5013
Misfits and Menaces is a sourcebook series for the M&M Superlink rules. Each offering will focus on a number of villains and/or one or more villainous organization that may be inserted into most super-heroic campaigns with little effort. Each villain/organization not only comes with full game statistics and back story, but also with several adventure ideas to help introduce the character into your game.
Inside this first issue you’ll find our Metahuman Threat Scale, a system used by law enforcement agencies for defining the degree of danger posed by a super-being, along with details for the following:
- A.E.G.I.S. Advanced Engineering Genetic Integration & Structuring is a philanthropic organization geared towards helping humanity through better science. Or so the company’s CEO would have you believe. In truth, A.E.G.I.S. runs many secret projects that have resulted in the “birth” of countless super-villains, and does so with its true goal always in mind: profit. This organization is constructed using the new rules for designing organizations presented in Better Mousetrap, also from Misfit Studios.
- Anaconda. A former A.E.G.I.S. scientist accidentally exposed to his own experiment, he has been transformed into a snake-man bent on remaking humanity in his image.
- Bloodbath. A gun-for-hire, expert assassin with a dark past and unlikely ties to the super-hero community.
- Catspaw. A mutated, feline humanoid created by A.E.G.I.S. to be the silent fist of their will and goals.
- The Court. A trio of strongmen and assassins, Judge, Jury and Executioner specialize in killing makers and enforcers of the law.
- Headstone. The surviving guinea pig of an A.E.G.I.S. experiment to reanimate the dead, this strong, tough villain summons the undead to work his evil bidding.
- Interface. An artificial intelligence created by Legion Defense Designs (see Better Mousetrap) to help better mankind, corruption in the software’s programming caused this unloving but sentient villain to create a robotic body for itself, which it now uses to conquer humanity for its own good.
- Rounder. A gambling addict and former stage magician, Rounder is a low-threat loser who shuffles from the bottom of the deck to get a buck any way he can.
- Sludge. A former mob enforcer subjected to a failed experiment, Sludge is a walking radioactive toxic spill looking for payback.
- Valentine. A secret government agent who lost the love of his life to an extra-terrestrial super-villain, Valentine now wages a one-man crusade against all aliens, purging them from Earth with violent impunity.
Stock #: MIS5015
Misfits & Menaces presents DOOM, an organization of supernatural horror and unrepentant evil for your M&M Superlink game. Founded through the merging of several ancient dark, mystic secret societies, DOOM looks to the insane-inspiring Lost Ones for favor by working black magics and even blacker goals towards ruling or ending the world, as their designs strike them.
- Two variations of game stats for DOOM’s flunkies, the cultist , dagger assassins, sorcerers, and half-demon Imps
- DOOM’s demonic slaves, the Barzani, and their warlord rulers, the Riders of the Apocalypse, including game statistics for demon hybrids, the basic demon, along with Death, Famine, Pestilence, and War
- The Doomsayers, DOOM’s elite metahuman strike force, including their leader, the undying spell-smith Acolyte , and the skinless Bone, triple-headed Cerberus, enigmatic Chain, brutish Deadman and his formless partner, Switch, dark Fallen Angel, fiery Hellfire, turncoat Nether, and duplicitous Speed Demon
- New rules , including extras, flaws, and drawbacks
- Over 30 sample spell builds presented in a way that allows them to easily scale to meet your needs
- Adventure ideas for each character, as well as DOOM as a whole to make the product’s materials easier to incorporate into your game
- Over a dozen new creatures, ranging from demons to hellhounds to giant insects controlled by Famine.
Stock #: MIS5016
This Halloween Misfits & Menaces special product presents a variety of villains with just the right flavor for the holiday. Ranging from the sanity-shattering horrific to the spine-tingling macabre to outright mystifying, the villains found in Misfits & Menaces: Tricks & Treats are ideal for adding a touch of horror or the bizarre to your M&M Superlink game.
- Armageddon, a long-slumbering automaton from another dimension, just waiting for something to reactivate it and bring about the Earth’s destruction.
- Haunting and twisting man’s dreams from his nightmare dimension is the Bogeyman, a creature who delights in and feeds on humanity’s fears.
- A degenerate cannibal from the bayou, Carrion preys upon his fellow man. Literally.
- Sleeping in death in his sunken city, dread Cthulhu and his cult of deep ones drive mankind insane until the day he awakens to end the world.
- The one and only Dracula is looking to carve out a new empire, even if he must uses humanity’s own methods against it to do so.
- Graveside has left his days of having a body of his own well behind him, and so now he must rely upon possessing corpses to get around.
- Having long branched off from mankind’s family tree, the grendel stalk their tunnels and underground warrens, stealing people to fill their larders.
- On a quest to free his spirit, the Horseman and his demonic steed stalk the back roads, taking heads and souls alike.
- Possessing no memories or identity of his own, No Man must steal that of others if he is to ever discover who he is.
- Inhabited by one of history’s most gruesome and fear-inspiring serial killers, the animated scarecrow that is Pumpkin Jack continues on with the terrifying work he began in life.
- Adventure ideas for each character to make the product’s materials easier to incorporate into your game.
Stock #: MIS5019
Misfits & Menaces focuses on a number of villains and/or one or more villainous organization that may be inserted into most super-heroic campaigns with little effort. Archenemies presents villains designed to be reoccurring foes in your game, thanks to their far-reaching plans and goals.
Inside this issue you’ll find details for the following:
- Adversary, an A.E.G.I.S. creation designed to combat metahumans for the government, but now out of control and off the leash.
- Autocract, an exoskeleton-wearing, former weapon’s designer who sees the world as a giant social machine in desperate need of repair, whether it wants it or not.
- Dagon, ruler of the deep ones high-priest of Cthulhu, and all-around bad ass.
- Faust, an immortal alchemist and magician on the run from Hell who is willing to do anything to set his soul free, no matter what it may cost others.
- Gaia, out of control environmentalist who will turn the world against mankind as readily as humanity turned against Mother Earth.
- Hiroshima, a villain born of nuclear fire who is willing to use the same means to return Japan to its former glory and position in global standing.
- Mordred, the reincarnation of King Arthur’s illegitimate son, he seeks to take everything from his father and claim Britain’s crown for his own within a new revival of the monarchy. (See Do-Gooders & Daredevils: Champions for more details.)
- Morgan Le Fay, fairy queen and King Arthur’s half-sister, she and her monstrous creations, the Fay’nabolg, seek to return Great Britain to the fairy kingdom that once ruled it (with her at the helm, of course.) (See Do-Gooders & Daredevils: Champions for more details.)
- Mortus, ruler of the undead, plots from his dimension of the undying to transform Earth into a wasteland of creatures trapped forever between life and what may be found beyond.
- System, master of the mechanical, wants to tear down society and rebuild it by using its own reliance upon high-technology against it.
Stock #: MIS5021
Misfits & Menaces is a sourcebook series for the M&M Superlink rules. Each offering focuses on a number of villains and/or one or more villainous organization that may be inserted into most super-heroic campaigns with little effort. Cosmic Threats presents villains from outer space designed to put entire planets and species at risk.
Inside this issue you’ll find details for the following, along with new rules (including expanded size charts for cosmic-level threats):
- Exile, a lonely survivor of planetary abuse at the hands of a rogue Celestial Legionnaire, now devoted wholly to seeking revenge for his people.
- Keepers are robots that travel the universe in massive spacecraft, kidnapping creatures of all sorts to safeguard them against the future, whether they want to be saved or not.
- Marauder, a Celestial Legionnaire corrupted and driven mad by his power, he now seeks to conquer the universe one piece at a time.
- Nebulon is a living nebula with a beast’s intelligence and a hunger that has laid waste to entire sectors of space.
- Nexus may have been born on Earth, but this thief is capable of teleporting from one side of the galaxy to the next and he’ll earn a profit doing so from just about anyone willing to pay him enough.
- Omfinis the Feeder, a planet-sized beast that travels through space, eating other planets and civilizations that get in its way.
- Pioneer is an ageless servant of a mysterious race that has commanded this being to convert entire worlds to their environmental parameters, whether the current residents like it or not.
- The Scourge is a race of rapidly reproducing, near-mindless beasts that feed upon everything, including entire planets.
- Stareaters, a race of intelligent plants that are quest through the universe for their lost homeworld, draining stars of their energy in order to fuel their planet-sized ship as they look.
- Thronn the Dark Wielder has been changed by his ancient, foul masters into their malevolent harbinger, and so he crosses the void of space, spreading their word and killing any heretics who dare speak against their desires or designs.
Misfits & Menaces Collection One
Stock #: MIS5022
The first collection of Misfits & Menaces releases, this book gathers over 40 villains, minions, and corrupt organizations for Gamemasters from the Mixed Villains, Tricks & Treats, Archenemies, and Cosmic Threats PDFS to pit against their players.
Within, you’ll not only find the not-so-petty thieves, brawlers, masterminds, and world–conquering villains you’d expect, but also good-guys turned bad, and foes that endanger entire planets and star systems, along with the rank-and-file cannon fodder that act on their behalf. Each is also assigned a rating based on the included Metahuman Threat Scale, allowing Gamemasters to quickly browse the book for villains who pose the right sort of challenge for the player characters. Also included are new rules, including expanded size charts that allow one to construct characters, vehicles, and headquarters on a cosmic scale.
With the Misfits & Menaces Collection your game’s potential for creative villainy will know no bounds!